Episode 0.7.2 - Vagrant with Mitchell Hashimoto
Wynn caught up with Mitchell Hashimoto from the Vagrant project to talk about virtualized environments, DevOps, and more.
This week’s episode is brought to you by Pusher, an awesome service that helps you add realtime features into your app. Pusher is looking for people to join the Pusherati and help evangelize Pusher around the world. Go to → pusher.com/jobs.
Items mentioned in the show:
- We’re now @TheChangelog on Twitter.
- Mitchell Hashimoto from Vagrant.
- Vagrant is a tool for building and distributing virtualized development environments by providing automated creation and provisioning of virtual machines using Oracle’s VirtualBox.
- Vagrant is currently a Ruby gem.
- Mitchell uses Vagrant to test his Chef cookbooks, featured in Episode 0.3.8.
- Travis CI uses Vagrant extensively.
- Show Travis some love, tell ‘em to come on The Changelog.
- Mitchell just returned from FOSDEM.
- John Bender has helped out Mitchell with Vagrant.
- VeeWee: the tool to easily build vagrant base boxes or KVM, VirtualBox, and Fusion images.